For those that have imported your SIM contacts on your Apple iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, you may have duplicate contact phone numbers on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. The good news is that you can easily remove the duplicate contacts. This process only takes a few minutes to permanently delete duplicate contacts on your Apple iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
This method will help you avoid spending extra money on apps that claim they can clean up your contact list. The following is a guide on how to find, merge and delete duplicate contacts on the Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
The likely reason that your Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus has duplicate contacts due to multiple email accounts being connected to the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Since all contacts get saved on the phone, that may cause duplicate contacts to be created. Instead of deleting each contact manually to fix the problem, you’ll want to merge the two, which keeps the contact in your work email address book and also in your personal email address book.
How to Remove Duplicate Contacts on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
You can find, merge, and delete contacts right from your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus without the need to use a computer. If your contacts are really messed up, you may want to go into Gmail and edit your contacts from there. Here’s how to remove duplicate contacts on the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus:
- Make a copy of your contacts
- Open Contacts
- From the Card menu, select Card > Look for Duplicates
- When asked, click Merge
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until no duplicates are found
- Make another copy of your iCloud Contacts
Clean Up iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus Contacts Fast
You can also use the built-in clean up contacts tool on the Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Here’s how to identify similar contacts on these devices to merge and clean up your contacts.
- Turn on the Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- Go to the Contacts, via the Phone app
- Browse your contacts until you find the contacts you want to merge or link.
- Select on the first contact you need to merge.
- Then tap on Edit.
- Then select Link Contacts.
- Select the contacts to link and then tap Link.
- Finally select on Done
These steps should help take care of your duplicate contact issue. We highly recommend the merging of contacts.