iPhone X Stuck In Recovery Mode
Recovery mode is when your phone is stuck with a black screen and the silver Apple logo for minutes at a time. Is your iPhone X stuck in recovery mode? Want to know how to get iPhone X in recovery mode? This article will show you how to both start recovery mode and exit.
Your iPhone X may go into recovery mode if it runs out of battery while updating. It could also happen if your phone has trouble connecting to iTunes during an update.
How to Enter iPhone X into Recovery Mode
Take note that iPhone recovery mode is required whenever your iPhone X is non-responsive if you happen to connect it to your computer and iTunes.
- Turn off your iPhone X
- Press and hold the Home button and plug it into your computer
- Continue to press the Home button until your iPhone’s screen tells you to connect to iTunes
- iTunes will note that your iPhone is in recovery mode and will need to be restored before you can do anything
- Select okay
- Select Restore iPhone X
In doing this, all of your data on your iPhone will be lost when your restore it and is best to backup all your information before proceeding with putting it into Recovery Mode iPhone.
iPhone X Recovery Mode Loop Fix
Sometimes an iPhone doesn’t just go to recovery mode, it gets stuck in a loop where it’s constantly going in and out of recovery mode. This can be caused by using an old version of iTunes or firmware. Or your phone was simply disconnected from your computer during an update.
- Start RecBoot
- Connect your iPhone X to the computer
- Select “Exit Recovery Mode”
Get iPhone X out of Recovery Mode without Computer
- Make sure your iPhone X is on
- Press and hold Home and Power buttons for at least 9 seconds
- Release both buttons at the same time
- The screen will turn off
- Press and hold Home and Power buttons (again) for the same amount of time
- The screen will show the Apple logo
- When the screen goes blank, release the buttons at the same time
- For a third time, hold the Home and Power buttons, this time for at least 19 seconds
- Then let go and your phone should start up like normal