Being able to delete the Google History on the iPhone X is your right. Just like you have the freedom to surf the web for anything you need, you have the freedom to keep it all to yourself. If you have even the slightest suspicion that someone might be spying on you and trying to check up on your browsing history…
This article will help you to stay protected. Whether it will be obvious that you have deleted information or not, it will eventually depend on what browser you have and what privacy options it comes with.
To delete the history of your iPhone X default internet browser
- Turn on the phone
- Open the Settings app
- Select the Safari browser
- Select the Clear History & Website Data entry
- Wait until the action is completed.
As you can see, this is an all or nothing approach, where you select one feature – the tap alone is considered the activation of the feature – and it will erase your entire history. You cannot say the same about the Google Chrome method from below, where you have considerably more freedom in choosing what to remove and what to keep.
To delete the history of your iPhone X Google Chrome browser
- Turn on the iPhone
- Open your Chrome browsing app
- Tap the 3-dot symbol from the top right corner
- Within the newly-extended menu, select the History option
- A new window will open and you can select the Clear Browsing Data option, from its special button
- Then, you’ll access that list with types of data that you can select
- Once you’ve ticked the boxes next to the data you want to remove, tap on Delete.