It’s important to note that before you go to factory reset a Huawei P9, it’s suggested to back up all files, data and images to prevent anything important from being lost. The best way to back up your Huawei P9 is by going to Settings > Backup & reset.
How to Factory Reset Huawei P9
Go to the notification section of the Huawei P9 and select the gear icon to bring up Settings. From the settings page, select on Backup and reset listed under User and Backup and choose Factory data reset. Make sure that everything important has been backed up and then at the bottom of the screen select Reset device. Then select Delete all and wait for the process to complete and the phone to reboot.
How to Factory Reset Huawei P9 with Hardware Keys
- Turn off the Huawei P9.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the Huawei P9 has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the Huawei P9 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.