How To Reset password when locked Out On Huawei P10
Forgetting the passcode of a Huawei P10 and P10 plus is not such an uncommon issue. Since many readers ask us what are you able to do after you get locked out from your smartphone, we decided to put together an explicit guide with a few of alternatives. the net is full of completely different solutions on the way to reset password on Huawei P10 and P10 plus once locked out by finishing a hard factory reset. For people who don’t mind doing a reset, we've 2 completely different factory reset options. For all the others, however, we’ve prepared the android Device Manager alternative. Let’s see what's all about.
want to reset the password with a factory reset?
First of all, it's important to understand that factory reset means that erasing completely everything from your phone. What you get from the factory is what you’ll notice on your Huawei P10 and P10 plus once you complete the steps from below. This doesn’t mean that you simply will lose all of your data, only that you simply should take some additional time to create a backup before beginning to delete everything. once you’re done, you must simply restore that backup and get all of your photos, videos and other files back in place.
Long story short, here is that the first one from the 3 ways that we tend to secure you on the way to reset password on Huawei P10 and P10 plus when locked out.
- Turn off the smartphone;
- Simultaneously press and hold the following hard keys – Volume Up, Home, Power;
- When you see the android icon on the screen, you'll be able to release the buttons;
- Use the volume Down button and choose the Wipe data / factory Reset option;
- With the power button initiate the reset;
- Confirm it by highlight the “Yes – delete all user data” option with the volume Down button;
- Initiate the method by clicking on the power button;
- When the factory reset finishes, highlight the restart option with the volume Down button;
- Initiate the reset with the power button.
When it finishes, you'll come back to to the normal functioning mode and you'll be asked to configure your Huawei P10 and P10 plus a bit like you probably did the first time after you bought it.
The second way on how to reset password on Huawei P10 and P10 plus when locked out is, again, about a factory reset. This one will need you to try and do a backup before anything. once you’ve prevented all of your important data from being lost, use this alternative way on how to factory reset Huawei P10 and P10 plus.
Want to reset the password with the android Device Manager?
This third way has the tremendous advantage of not erasing all the data keep on your smartphone. the only downside, however, is that you simply can only be able to use it if you have got previously registered your Huawei P10 and P10 plus with the android Device Manager. If it’s the first time you hear about it, chances are high that this isn’t what you need.
Now the android Device Manager comes with a special Lock feature. If you activate it, you'll be ready to reset the forgotten Huawei P10 and P10 plus password, so giving you access without having to delete anything:
- Use a pc to access the android Device Manager page;
- Log in and identify your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus;
- Enable the feature labeled as Lock & Erase;
- Follow the steps on it page to lock your phone;
- Set and enter a temporary password;
- Access your smartphone with it and create a new password.
If you have got the other questions on the way to reset password on Huawei P10 and P10 plus once locked out, relating to the ways above described or to the other ways, don’t hesitate to message us.