How To Reset The password On iPhone XPassword is one of the simplest feature of the iPhone X and from time to time, it's suggested to reset it. Resetting the password is completed by doing a hard factory reset but it sadly delete all the necessary data on your iPhone X. but there’s no need to worry any longer, there's another way to reset the password on the iPhone X without having to delete all the necessary datas you would like. check out the different ways on how to reset the password if the iPhone X gets locked out.
Select how to erase your iPhone XYou have to remember that before you reset the password of your iPhone X, it's required to do a backup to avoid wasting the iPhone’s data first. Here are the choices you would like if you want to reset the password on the iPhone X.
- Use the iTunes technique if you're done syncing the iPhone X with the iTunes
- Use the iCloud technique if your account is signed in the iPhone X’ iCloud or if the find My iPhone app is turned on
- Use the recovery mode technique if you can't use the iCloud nor sync the iPhone X with iTunes
Erase your iPhone X with iTunes
- Connect your iPhone X to the pc
- Open iTunes and enter the passcode if asked, try another pc you’ve synced with, or use recovery mode
- Wait for iTunes to sync your iPhone X then create a backup.
- After the sync has been done, and the backup has finished, click Restore [your device]
- When the set up screen shows up on the iPhone X , press on Restore from iTunes backup choose your iPhone X in iTunes. look at the date and size of each backup and decide the most relevant one.
Erase your iPhone X with iCloud
- Go to iCloud.com/find with a different device.
- If needed, sign in with your Apple ID .
- Then at the top of the browser, choose All Devices.
- Select the device you would like to erase.
- Then click on Erase [device] which’ll erase your device and its passcode.
- Now you'll be able to either restore from a backup or set up as new
Remember that you simply won’t be able to erase the iPhone X with find my iPhone if it's not connected to Wi-Fi or a quick cellular network.
Erase your iPhone X with recovery modeThe recovery mode is another choice you'll be able to use if you haven’t or you have never synced your iPhone X with iTunes nor set it up with find My iPhone or iCloud. Here is the method on how to do the recovery mode technique
- Connect your iPhone X to your pc and open iTunes.
- While your iPhone X is connected, force restart it. you'll be able to do this by pressing and holding both the Sleep/Wake and home button for at least 10 seconds, and don’t release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding till you see the recovery mode screen.
- After you see the Restore or Update option, choose on Update. The iTunes will automatically try to instal iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software system for your device.