iOS 11 comes with many new options that add some cool functionality that were absent in previous versions of the software. one of those is that the option to shut down your iPhone without using the power button. while it’s not something you’re likely to do daily, it’s still smart to own that choice, especially if you’re worried about overusing the power button for a few reason. That being the case, let’s get right to that and take a look at the way to turn off your iPhone without using the power button:
Turn Off iPhone without using Power Button in iOS 11
Note: we tend to tried this on an iPhone 6s, an iPhone 7 plus also as an iPhone 8 plus, all of that were running iOS 11. Everything worked good on all 3 devices.
- First off, click on the ‘Settings’ icon on your Home screen and select ‘General’.
- Now scroll down to the bottom where you’ll find the ‘Shut Down’ option. click on that and slide the red ‘Power Off’ button from left to right.
- That’s it! Your iPhone can now shut down without you having to even touch the sleep/wake button.
Lock iPhone without using Power Button in iOS
While we tend to don’t actually need to shut down our smartphones on a daily basis, putting them to sleep or protection their screens could be a method that’s repeated dozens of times every day, so just in case you’re trying to save lots of your power button from all that additional work, here’s however you'll be able to do this without touching the power button:
- Go over to Settings > General as laid out in the earlier segment, and then choose ‘Accessibility’ > assistive Touch’.
- You’ll realize a toggle that’s turned off (gray) by default. simply switch it on (green), and you’ll realize a floating helpful bit (Home) button as seen within the second image below. you'll be able to drag it to any side on your screen according to your preference.
- Now click on the floating assistive touch (Home) button, and you’ll find a whole bunch of accessible choices to manage your iPhone as seen on the left screenshot below. simply click on Device > Lock Screen to lock your iPhone.
Turn Off iPhone or put it to Sleep without using Power Button in iOS 11
To be ready to shut down your smartphone or put it to sleep without having to touch the power button is definitely an excellent way to preserve the integrity of the hardware if you’re not one of those who’re trying to change their handsets every year or so. Personally, putting your phone to sleep without using the hardware key is probably the more important a part of the exercise, seeing as that may in all probability save you from clicking the button many times daily. so go ahead and give these 2 very little iOS 11 options a try to don’t forget to allow us to recognize if you discover them helpful or not.