Reset password when locked Out On iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 plus
For people who own the new smartphone from Apple, it’s a good plan to know what to do once you need to reset password when locked out of iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 plus. the most common way to fix this issue would be to complete a hard factory reset, however using this way, all of the info and files on your iPhone are going to be deleted, so this should be done as your last resort.
If you don’t have your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus backed up already, you might want to consider a number of these different solutions below so you won’t lose everything on your device.
Follow the steps below to find out how to reset password on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 plus if you get locked out.
Different ways to erase iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 plus
Those that haven't saved or backed up your iPhone, it’s still possible to avoid wasting data on your phone before you go to reset your password and avoid losing all data on your phone.
- If you have already got your iPhone synced with iTunes you’ll be ready to connect your phone to the pc and open iTunes to backup your phone.
- Another way would be if you have find My iPhone or iCloud turned on.
- Those that don’t have iCloud activated already or can’t sync with iTunes, you’ll need to use Recovery Mode.
Erase iPhone 8 using iCloud
- Enter iCloud.com/find into a browser of a device.
- Sign in with Apple ID.
- Now choose All Devices.
- Choose the device you would like to erase.
- Select click on Erase [device] that’ll erase and remove the password from your phone.
- You’ll be able to now either choose to restore from a backup or set up as new.
It’s necessary to notice that your iPhone must be connected to a cellular or wifi network so find My iPhone can work and be ready to erase your iPhone.
Erase iPhone 8 using iTunes
- Turn on both your iPhone and a pc
- Connect the iPhone to a pc
- Launch iTunes and type in your passcode if needed
- Have your iPhone sync with iTunes then create a backup
- Once the sync has been completed, choose on Restore [your device].
- Once the found out screen pops up on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus, choose on Restore from iTunes backup.
- Now choose the iPhone in iTunes and find the most relevant backup to restore from.
Erase iPhone 8 using Recovery Mode
If you’re unable to use the 2 previous ways, then we recommend that you simply use Recover Mode to erase iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus. using this way, you’ll be ready to erase your phone and the password on it as well.
- Power on your iPhone and a pc
- Connect your iPhone to a pc
- Launch iTunes
- Once the iPhone is connected, do force restart
- Now once the option for Restore or Update, choose on Update. now iTunes will reinstall iOS without having to erase anything necessary on your phone
After you follow the steps above, you should know how to reset password when locked out of iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus.