Use this guide to learn how to use screen mirror on the Apple iPhone X to mirror your screen to a TV. If you’ve got it all setup correctly and have the right equipment, this can be a great way to watch videos and play games on the big screen.
Connecting your iPhone X or iPhone X to a TV is quite easy, but there are a number of steps to go through.
You will also need to choose between the wireless option or the wired option. We’ve created guides for both options below so that you can choose what’s best for you given your current circumstances.
Connect Apple iPhone X to TV: Wireless ConnectionIf you’d like to connect Apple iPhone X devices to a TV wirelessly, you will need an Apple TV.
- Prepare and plug in your Apple TV and HDMI cable.
- Connect your Apple TV to your Wi-Fi and then start using AirPlay.
- Go to your phone and start to play a video. You can use Safari, YouTube, or any other video app.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone display to open the Control Centre.
- Tap the AirPlay icon and then select your Apple TV.
- Tap anywhere else on the screen to close Control Centre and then tap to start playing the video. It will be mirrored to your TV.
- Look for the AirPlay icon in more apps to know which ones are supported.
Connect Apple iPhone X to TV: Hard-wired ConnectionDon’t have an Apple TV? No problem, you can still connect your device to your TV with a wired connection.
- You will need to buy a Lightning Digital AV Adaptor and a HDMI Cable.
- Connect the HDMI cable to a free HDMI port on your TV, and connect the other end of the cable into the Lightning Digital AV Adapter.
- Next, connect the Lightning Digital AV Adaptor to your iPhone X Lightning port.
Alternatively, you can connect your charger cable to the available lightning port on the Lightning Digital AV Adaptor to be able to play your iPhone X on your TV.