Mobile devices are vital parts of our daily lives, and they contain private messages, content, photos or other essential data. However, sometimes we may forget our password on the OnePlus 5 and can’t remember it after a long time struggle.
The most common solution is to perform a hard factory reset, but this method can delete essential data and files from your phone. In this article, we’ve created different ways to reset the password on the device when locked out without having to lose files or data for those that don’t have their OnePlus 5 backed up. Below we’ll be explaining three different methods that will allow you to reset the password on OnePlus 5 when locked out without losing all saved data and files.
Reset Password on OnePlus 5 with Factory Reset
- Turn off your OnePlus 5
- At the same time just tap and hold the Home, Volume, and Power buttons until you see the Android icon
- Go to factory reset/ Clear data option using the volume button and hit the power button to choose it
- Now highlight over Yes, delete or remove all user data using the volume button and select it using the power button
- When your phone has rebooted, everything will be wiped and ready to set up again
It’s essential to backup all files and information before you go to do a factory reset on the OnePlus 5 in case something goes wrong during the backup process.
OnePlus 5 Reset Password on OnePlus Find My MobileAnother option that you can use to fix a forgotten password is using Find My Mobile (also known as Find My Android), similar to Find My iPhone from Apple. This setting has a “Remote Controls” feature on your OnePlus 5 that will allow you to bypass lock screen and temporarily reset the password. Try to register your OnePlus 5 with OnePlus as soon as possible if you have not already.
- Register your OnePlus 5 with Find My Mobile
- You can get the temporary password for the reset process using the Find My Mobile service
- You’ll be able to bypass lock screen with that temporary password
- Then you’ll create to make a new password
OnePlus 5 Password Reset on Android Device ManagerUsing the software called Android Device Manager is another solution to reset the password on the OnePlus 5 for people that have already registered their OnePlus 5 with this software. Once you’ve registered, to reset the password on OnePlus 5, just turn on the “Lock” setting. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manager will help reset OnePlus 5 password when you’ve forgotten the password. Follow the guide below to learn how to reset the password on OnePlus 5 using Android Device Manager:
- Connect your OnePlus 5 to the computer
- Go to Android Device Manager from your computer
- Find and select your OnePlus 5 on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- Follow the guides on the screen to set a temporary password
- Enter your temporary password
- Create and type in a new password for your phone