Use this guide to learn how to add a person to a group chat on an iPhone X or an iPhone X. This guide will take you through all of the steps needed to add new people to group chats, specifically on iMessage.
On iMessage, it’s possible to add a person to an existing group chat without the need to create an entirely new message thread. This will work on existing group chats, although it won’t work on chats that only contain you and another person. In this case, you’d need to make a new group chat with you and the two other people.
In the information provided below, we’ll explain to you how you can add a new person to an existing group iMessage chat. They’ll be able to join in on the conversation and everybody in the group will be able to communicate with each other. Before we get started, please note that this will only work if all group members have access to iMessage.
How to add a new person to a group iMessage chat on iPhone X:
- Make sure your iPhone X is switched on.
- Navigate to the ‘Messages’ app.
- Open the group chat that you’d like to add a person to.
- Tap “Details” at the top of the screen.
- On the menu that appears, tap “Add Contact”.
- Add new people to the group message chat and then press done. The selected people will be added.