The default ringtone of iPhone X is superb, but most people prefer to customize their iPhone’s ringtone. The reason could be that they want to create unique tones for particular individuals or they may want to customize and set a reminder for a specific task. Follow the instructions below to set a custom ringtone for contacts on your iPhone X.
How to Change From Default Ringtones on iPhone XThe process to create and add custom ringtones for your contacts is quick and easy, you can set custom tones for text messages, ringtones, and alarms. Read the guide below to create custom ringtones.
- Open and update iTunes to the latest version
- Choose the song you want to use (the song will only last 30 seconds so take note of that when selecting your favorite song)
- Create the time you want the song to start and stop (Right click/ctrl-click the song you want to choose, and you can get info about it from the drop-down list)
- Create the AAC version (Right-click/ctrl-click the song again and choose to create AAC version)
- Delete the old one and copy the file
- Change the extension (Click on the file’s name to change the extension to “m4r” from “.m4a”)
- Add the file to your iTunes
- Sync your phone
- Set the ringtone (Click the Settings app > Sounds > Ringtone and select the song you want)
The steps above will allow you to set a specific ringtone for any contact on your phone and the remaining list will maintain the default ringtone. One of the reasons for this is to personalize your phone’s sounds, and it alerts you to who is calling without looking at the phone screen.