Turning an Android to its factory settings might seem scary or complicated. In any case, users would refrain from doing so, until it is absolutely necessary. But the fact is that if you factory reset Huawei P10 and P10 Plus, you have all the chances to get rid of a wide range of problems. Because of that, it cannot hurt knowing exactly what it takes to do it – you can never tell when you’re actually going to need it.
In this tutorial, we are going to show you two different methods on how to factory reset Huawei P10 and P10 Plus. One of them involves using the settings of the device while the other relies exclusively on its hard keys. Before we begin, allow us to underline how important it is to backup all your data prior to start resetting anything. Access the general Settings of the device and tap on Backup & reset. Back up all the important data that you are currently storing on the device and then you can proceed with the steps from below.
How to factory reset Huawei P10 and P10 Plus from the menus:
- Open the Notification section;
- Tap on the gear icon to access the general Settings;
- Under the Settings page, select the Backup and reset option;
- Tap on User and Backup;
- Tap on Factory data reset;
- Select the option labeled as Reset Device, on the bottom of the screen;
- Tap on Delete all;
- Wait for the process to finish;
- When your smartphone automatically reboots, it will start with all its settings reset and you will have to configure it once again.
How to factory reset Huawei P10 and P10 Plus from the hardware keys:
- Turn off the device;
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons;
- When you see the Android icon, release the buttons;
- Navigate through the menus with the Volume Down key;
- Select the option labeled as Wipe Data / Factory Reset;
- Activate it with the Power button;
- Select the option labeled as “Yes – delete all user data” with the Volume Down key;
- Initiate the process with the Power button;
- Wait for it to finish;
- Use the Power button to initiate the system reboot;
- Once the device restarts, you will notice that everything was wiped out and you can start configuring it from scratch.