One of the most common fixes to problems associated with the LG V30 is to perform a factory reset. Doing a factory reset is quite beneficial for your LG V30 because you get a new leash on the device, making your phone more responsive as if it was just opened right out of the box. The following steps below will guide you on how to get your LG V30 back to factory settings.
It is noteworthy to mention that before you perform a factory reset on an LG V30, it is highly recommended that you make a backup of all your phone’s contents to avoid any loss of important data. The most optimum way to backup your LG V30 is by going to Settings and then selecting Backup & Reset.
How to Factory Reset LG V30Before anything else, you must access the notification section of the LG V30 and press the gear icon to show the Settings page. From there, click on Backup and reset located below User and Backup and then select Factory data reset. Just another reminder, to be sure to backup anything that is important and after that, at the bottom of the screen press Reset device. And then, press Delete all and wait for the process to finish and the phone to reboot.
How to Factory Reset LG V30 with Hardware KeysIf the display does not work and you are having trouble gaining access to the menu, or that you do not remember your pattern lock, you can still perform a factory reset with the use of the hardware keys.
- First, make sure that your LG V30 is switched off.
- Next, press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power simultaneously until you see the Android icon.
- Then, by pressing the Volume down button choose the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to pick it.
- Now, by pressing the Volume down button highlight Yes – delete all user data and then press the Power button to pick it.
- When the LG V30 has finished the rebooting process, press the power button to turn on the device.
- After the LG V30 restarts, all the contents of the device will be wiped and will be good to go once again.