Sometimes when your OnePlus 3 is having some problems, the best option is to factory reset the OnePlus 3. Another great reason to factory reset a OnePlus 3 is to get a fresh start on the smartphone. No matter the reason, we’ll be teaching you how to factory reset a OnePlus 3.
It’s important to note that before you go to factory reset a OnePlus 3, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost. The way to back up data on your OnePlus 3 is by going to Settings > Backup & reset. For the rest of your files you can use a backup app or service.
How to Factory Reset a Working OnePlus 3Go to the notification section of the OnePlus 3 and select the gear icon to bring up Settings. From the settings page, select on Backup and reset listed under User and Backup and choose Factory data reset.Make sure that everything important has been backed up and then at the bottom of the screen select Reset device. On the next screen, select Delete all and wait for the process to complete and the phone to reboot.
How to Factory Reset OnePlus 3 with Hardware KeysIf you find that the touchscreen is unresponsive, there’s a problem accessing the menu, or maybe you forgot your pattern lock, then you can still factory reset your OnePlus 3 using the hardware keys.
- Turn off the OnePlus 3.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Homebutton, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume downselect wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume downhighlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the OnePlus 3 has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the OnePlus 3 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.