It is common to leave your iPhone in a coffee shop, library, bus, or restaurant, or to have the iPhone stolen. The good news is that you can retrieve a stolen or lost Apple iPhone X with the use of several methods including iOS Device Manager, tracker apps and several other types of software to find your Apple iPhone.
If you own the iPhone X, you can find a lost device inside your own home, or outside the city. The guide below we teach you how to find stolen or lost Apple iPhone X.
How To Find Lost Apple iPhone X
- Go to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com using a computer or smartphone
- Tap All Devices. (You’ll either see a grey dot or green dot next to the device- grey= offline; green= online)
- Select the device you want to locate
- Then zoom out in the map or change the view of the map to update the location of your Apple iPhone
Choose a Method for Wiping DataIt’s recommended to backup all personal data on your Apple iPhone X before resetting the password if you haven’t already. You’ll need to erase the iPhone to reset the password on iPhone X.
- Use iTunes if iPhone X is synced to iTunes on your computer
- Use the iCloud method if the Apple iPhone X Find My iPhone is turned on in iCloud
- Use the recovery mode method if you can’t sync or connect to iTunes or you don’t use iCloud on your Apple iPhone X
- Connect your Apple iPhone to the computer
- Open iTunes and input the passcode if required, use recovery mode
- Wait for iTunes to sync your Apple iPhone and then make a backup
- After the backup has finished and sync, click Restore [your device]. Press on Restore from iTunes backup when the setup screen appears on the iPhone X
- Select your iPhone in iTunes and look at the size and date of each backup to pick the most relevant one
- Open iCloud.com/find with a different device
- If required sign in with your Apple ID
- Select All Devices at the top of the browser
- Select the device you want to erase
- Then click on Erase [device] which will erase your device and its passcode
- Now you can either set up as new or restore from a backup
You can’t erase it with Find My iPhone if you don’t connect the device to a cellular or Wi-Fi network.
Recovery Mode MethodYou’ll need to make use of recovery mode to restore your iPhone if you’ve never set up Find My iPhone on iCloud or synced with iTunes. This method will erase your device and its passcode.
- Connect your Apple iPhone X to your computer and then open iTunes
- Force restart your iPhone while your device is connected: (Press and hold both the Side and Up or Down Volume buttons, and don’t let it go when you see the Apple logo. Keep pressing the buttons until the recovery mode appears on the screen)
- Select Update when you see the option to Update or Restore. iTunes will attempt a new iOS installation without deleting your data after downloading