A hard reset is always a good solution when your smartphone – be it a Huawei P10 and P10 Plus or anything else – is becoming unresponsive or manifests a problem that you just can’t troubleshoot in any other way. After all, this process implies returning the device to its factory settings. Whatever went wrong in the past will now have to work better since your smartphone will be as if you’ve just taken it out of the box.
The entire above means one thing – all the data stored on the Huawei P10 and P10 Plus will be gone after a hard reset. Apps, settings, files, photos and videos will be erased. If you back up all the important data prior to starting the reset, however, you won’t have to worry about losing anything. To do so, just access the Menu and tap on the Settings icon. Select the Backup & reset menu and follow the steps from there to back up the important settings. As for all your files, a third-party backup app or a dedicated service will be extremely helpful.
Now that we’ve covered the backup part and you know what you need to do in order to protect your data, here are two simple methods on how to hard reset Huawei P10 and P10 Plus:
How To Hard Reset Huawei P10 And P10 Plus #1:
- Turn on the smartphone;
- Go to the Home screen;
- Swipe down the Menu;
- Tap on Settings;
- Select the Backup & Reset option;
- Select Reset Device;
- Select Erase everything to confirm.
How To Hard Reset Huawei P10 And P10 Plus #2:
- Turn off the device;
- Press the Volume Up, the Power, and the Home buttons at the same time;
- When you see the Huawei logo you can release the buttons;
- Navigate through the Recovery Mode menu with the Volume buttons;
- Highlight the Wipe data / Factory reset option;
- Confirm it with the Power button;
- Select the option “Yes – delete all user data”, confirming the entire process;
- When it finishes the reset, select the Reboot System Now option.