You have to admit, the list of pre-installed ringtones available on your iPhone X is not that short. At the same time, it’s not unlikely that you won’t feel the beat of any of it and you will find yourself wanting something different. It’s a matter of preference, which is why you can change all that in just a few minutes. Let us show you how to tweak regular songs into ringtones and how to set them afterward.
Make your own ringtones for the iPhone X
- Open up your iTunes app;
- Make sure there’s no new software version available – if it is, run the update first;
- Then, select the song that you wish to turn into a ringtone;
- With the Right-Click – or the Ctrl-Click – command, access the editing menu;
- Select Get Info to create your start and stop ringtone times – the entire ringtone cannot last more than 30 seconds and you’ll have to decide what part of the song you want to use;
- After that, return to that editing menu to use the Create AAC Version option and turn your ringtone into the AAC format;
- Copy this file and delete the original file format;
- Change its name by editing the initial .m4a format and making it .m4r;
- Add this file to iTunes and sync it with the iPhone.
To set up a newly edited ringtone on the iPhone X
- Go to the Settings app;
- Tap on Sounds;
- Select the Ringtone entry;
- Browse until you find your newly edited ringtone in that list;
- Select the song;
- Save the changes and leave the menus.