It’s possible that you want to know how to reset the password when locked out if you own or you just bought a new OnePlus 5T. You can reset the OnePlus 5T password when locked out a few different ways.
Some of the solutions to reset the password on the OnePlus 5T require performing a hard factory reset which can remove or delete all your files and data on the smartphone. However, don’t worry, below we’ll explain several different methods that will allow you to reset the password on OnePlus 5T when locked out without having to lose all your data and files if you don’t have a backup. The following are three different ways on how to reset the lock screen password on the OnePlus 5T.
Reset Password on OnePlus 5T with Factory Reset
- Turn off the OnePlus 5T
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button until you see Android reboot menu
- Use the Volume down button to click the option: “wipe data/factory reset”
- Using the power button select “Yes” to delete all user data
When your phone has rebooted, everything will wipe, and you’ll then be able to set up your phone again. It’s essential to back up all files, data, contacts, pictures and other info in case something goes wrong during the reset process before you go to do a factory reset on the OnePlus 5T.
Reset Password with OnePlus Find My MobileUsing Find My Mobile (Find My Android) is another method to reset the password. You can temporarily bypass the lock screen and reset the password on OnePlus 5T with the “Remote Controls” feature on your OnePlus 5T. To do this:
- Register your OnePlus 5T with OnePlus
- Get a temporary reset password using the Find My Mobile service
- Use the new temporary password to bypass the lock screen
- Set a new password
Password Reset Using Android Device ManagerUsing a software called Android Device Manager is another way that it’s possible to reset the password on OnePlus 5T when locked out. When making use of the Android Device Manager to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature in the Android Device Manager. This feature will allow you to reset the OnePlus 5T password when you have forgotten the password. Follow the instructions we explain below:
- Turn on your phone and open the Android Device Manager through a computer
- Find and select your OnePlus 5T on the screen
- Enable “Lock and Erase” feature
- Read and follow the steps displayed on the screen to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password
- Type in a new password for your phone