Sound and audio issues are the common problems linked to the iPhone X for those that own the smartphone. You can notice the problem when receiving or making calls, which means you can’t hear the caller.
If you are one of these people, then you should read this entire post to learn some possible solutions to fix the problem. Below is a guide on how to fix the problem on the iPhone.
How to Solve iPhone X Audio Not Working
- Turn off the Apple iPhone
- Remove and immediately reinsert the sim card and turn it on
- Try cleaning the microphone using compressed air because debris, dirt, or dust could be in the receiver and check to see if the Apple iPhone audio problem has started working
- Switch off the Bluetooth device and check if it solves the sound issue on the iPhone X as Bluetooth can cause the audio problem
- You can also fix the sound problem on the iPhone by clearing the cache. See the instructions below
- Setting your phone into Recovery Mode is another suggestion. Read on for a guide to using Recovery Mode
Clearing the Cache
- Select on Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage
- Select on Manage Storage.
- Tap an item in Documents and Data.
- Slide unwanted items to the left and tap Delete.
- Tap Edit > Delete All to remove all the app’s data.
Using Recovery Mode
- Make sure you have the most up to date version of iTunes on your computer
- Connect your iPhone X to your computer
- Force restart: Quickly press the Up Volume button, quickly press the Volume Down Button, then quickly press and hold the Side Button. Hold down the Side Button until the phone reboots into recovery mode
- Select Update or Restore. Update will download the latest version of the operating system, Restore will wipe your iPhone X and reboot with original factory settings. Backup your data first!
- Once this process is complete (it may take a while) reboot your iPhone X normally by disconnecting from your computer and pressing the Side Button
It’s recommended to get in touch with your retailer to get the phone replaced if the audio problems still happen after you follow the guide above.