The Spell Check feature from the iPhone X devices is designed to oversee whatever you type on the iPhone, regardless of the app you’re using. Whether you’re writing an email, texting to a friend with the Messages app and so on, you might see a few words underlined in red. Note that those are words that the Spell Check would recommend you to revise.
Obviously, it won’t let you make wild guesses, but rather give you suggestions regarding the typos or the spelling errors that it suspects in your writing. But do not worry, even if you send it that way because you don’t agree with the correction suggestions, the other person won’t see any red underlines. Now that you know you have all the freedom in choosing to consider or to ignore these spelling suggestions, aren’t you more excited about trying it out?
Turn On the Spell Check feature on iPhone X
- Turn on the device, first
- Next, head to the main screen, where you have your Settings icon and open the app;
- Stop by the General tab, for the Keyboard settings;
- Select the Keyboard and then, select the Check Spelling option listed in there;
- Once you’ve switched its toggle to On, you can look for all the other texting options available in there or just leave the settings.
Either way, your iPhone X Will have the Spell Check active from now on, until you decide to turn it off. Go on, do all that and see how it works for you.
Oh, and, in case our suggestions from above don’t seem to fit quite right to your keyboard, there’s only one problem we can think of – you’ve given up on the stock keyboard app and tried a third-party app from the Store, right? So, if the new keyboard’s layout is different, you can expect some differences regarding how to turn on the Spell Check on the iPhone X .