Here’s the thing about iPhone X. More than any other iPhone model, you’re really relying on the device’s touch screen. After all, there’s no more home button!
So if your iPhone X screen is not working – if it is not registering your touch, you have a problem.
The glass may need to be replaced, which can be expensive, but sometimes the issue could be in your settings or software. If it’s a bug, this guide will be able to help you get your iPhone X back up and running in no time!
So without further ado, here are the reasons why your touchscreen is malfunctioning and what you should do with it.
Why is my Touchscreen not working?
- When phones are shipped, the touchscreen can have small collisions over and over and over again – particularly if the box took a decent hit or fall.
- Sometimes a simple bug is getting in the way of your phone reading your touch. Definitely check to see if there’s an update available – maybe the developers at Apple are ahead of you!
How to Fix your iPhone X Touchscreen
Performing a Factory Reset
- Turn on your iPhone X
- Go to Settings
- Choose General
- Select Reset
- Enter your Apple ID Username or Email
- Now your Apple ID Password
- Your Phone will Reboot – wait a few
- When complete, the welcome screen is up. Now is your touch screen working?
Performing a Hard ResetA hard reset will erase all settings, data, and applications on your iPhone X. Definitely back up your phone before you try this! To back up your iPhone, go to Settings, Backup & Reset. Thorough instructions here.
- Press Home and Sleep and hold for 10 seconds
- You’ll see your iPhone go through a strange process
- When complete, your home screen will appear
Clear your Phone’s Cache
- Turn on iPhone X
- Storage & iCloud Usage
- Manage Storage
- Choose an item in Documents and Date
- Swipe left everything you want to trash, then press delete
- Edit > Delete All to remove all of an application’s data