The iPhone X comes locked to a wireless carrier. Why? Because your phone is subsidized by phone companies! This helps to keep phones affordable and greatly reduce your monthly payment for it.
International travelers require a phone whose carrier can be switched to different carriers in order to get local phone rates no matter what country they’re in. Unlock the Apple iPhone X to do just that.
iPhone X is the biggest and best iPhone ever. If you want to unlock it from a wireless carrier, follow the steps below. Soon you’ll be swapping your sim in a country of your choice!
There are two general ways to unlock iPhone X. One is to go to your wireless carrier’s retail space and ask them how to unlock it. It’s not illegal and hopefully the store associates are nice and will tell you.
The next option is to use a third-party service to do this for you. Be sure to check out all options before moving ahead with this – not all apps are created equal, and your phone bill is too important to put into the potential hands of some shady app developer.
Getting SIM Unlock Code from Carrier
- Give the cellular company a call using the customer helpline.
- Ask for the unlock code for your Apple iPhone X.
- The provider will ask you for your device’s IMEI number. Provide that, and you will receive an email with the unlock code within a couple of days.
Purchasing SIM Unlock Code
- Pick a third-party unlock service, and select the right tool for your device. Remember that there are multiple offerings depending on the service that you choose, so there’s no one-size-fits-all solution here.
- Provide the service with your phone’s IMEI number.
- The service will provide you the unlock code within anywhere between 2 days to 2 weeks, depending on the carrier the phone is locked to, and the service.
Common StepsOnce you have the unlock code through the method of your choice, it’s fairly simple.
- Power off your device.
- Remove your original SIM card, and insert the SIM that you want to use.
- Turn your phone on again, and enter the unlock code when prompted.