You're trying to download new apps on your iPhone 8, but something's not working right. The app shows up on the Home screen of your iPhone, but it isn't fully installing. In this article, we will explain what to do when iPhone 8 apps are stuck waiting or not downloading at all!
How To Fix iPhone 8 Apps Stuck Waiting Or Not Downloading
1. Restart Your iPhone
- Press and hold the power button (Sleep / Wake button) on your iPhone until the slide to power off slider appears on the display.
- Swipe the red power icon from left to right to turn off your iPhone.
- Wait about 30 seconds, then press and hold the power button again until you see the Apple logo appear in the centre of the display.
2. Turn Off Airplane Mode
- Open the Settings app.
- Look at the switch next to Airplane mode.
- If the switch is green, then Airplane mode is on.
- Use your finger to tap the switch. You'll know the switch is off when it turns Gray.
- If the switch was already Gray when you opened the Settings app, then Airplane mode was already turned off.
3. Make Sure Your iPhone Has Enough Storage Space To Download The App
4. Delete The App That's Not Downloading
- Lightly press and hold the icon of the app you want to delete.
- After a couple seconds, your iPhone will briefly vibrate and a tiny X will appear in the upper left-hand corner of most of your apps.
- Tap the X on the icon of the app you want to delete.
- Tap Delete when the confirmation alert appears on your iPhone's display.
- Go back to the App Store and try to download the app once again.