Some owners of the Essential PH1 have reported experiencing some charging issue with it. Even if they completed charging the phone up, it still doesn’t power on after charging. There are many ways to fix this issue first before concluding on bringing it on the LG store and ask for a replacement warranty. Check the guidelines below.
Hit the Power button
Power button must always be the check on the Essential PH1 or in any devices if it has some power issues. Try pressing down the Power button for numerous times to check if it works. If the Essential PH1 is still not powering on, then there’s a big chance that there’s another reason why it does not turn on even after charging it fully.
Boot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
The guide below will lead you to the Essential PH1 Recovery Mode by booting:
- Press and hold Home, Volume Up, and Power buttons simultaneously
- Wait till the Essential PH1 vibrates and that’s the time you can release the Power button. Open the Android System Recovery screen by still holding the Home and Volume Up buttons at the same time
- Select the “Wipe Cache Partition” by pressing the Power button as select and using the Volume Down button for scrolling
- Once done with clearing the cache partition, the Essential PH1 will automatically reboot or restart
If you’re on the “Safe Mode” of the Essential PH1 or in any smartphone, it means that only the pre-loaded or the built-in applications. By getting on the Safe Mode, you can determine the issue that’s causing the Essential PH1 not turning on after charging.
- Simultaneously Press the Power and Volume Up buttons and hold them
- When you see the boot screen, release the Power key, then press Volume Down and hold it
- During the reboot you’ll see Safe Mode displayed in the bottom left
- Use safe mode to test which apps are causing problems
Get Technical Support
These are basically all the solutions that can be done for the fixing the issue of the Essential PH1 when it does not turn on after charging. If unfortunately all of this doesn’t help on fixing it, try taking the Essential PH1 back to the store where you purchased for a checkup so the technicians can see it physically for damage check. If the Essential PH1 is proven to be defective, they may provide you a new replacement unit if they can’t still fix the issue. Most of the time, the power button is the main cause of this problem as reported.