Owners of the new smartphones from Google might be interested in knowing how to edit the SMS tone on their Pixel 2. I’m sure you will be glad to know that it is very easy to change the SMS tones to any ringtone that you want. You are also allowed to set this ringtone for a specific contact or for everywhere message that you receive from anyone. I’ll explain below how you can add custom ringtones for SMS on your Pixel 2.
How You Can Add SMS Ringtone on Pixel 2It is very easy to add SMS tone for your contacts on Pixel 2. You can either set a ringtone for messages received from a particular contact or you can set for all contacts. Follow the steps below to add music ringtones:
- Power on your Pixel 2
- Locate the Dialer app
- Search and click on the contact you wish to set a tone for.
- Click on the icon that looks like a pen to edit the contact
- Click on the ‘Ringtone’ option
- A window will appear that will show all your ringtone sounds
- Search and choose the song you want to set as a ringtone
- If the ringtone you want to use is not on the list, click on the Add button to search for it on your device and click on it as soon as you locate it
The tips explained above will teach how to set ringtone for a contact on your Pixel 2. It’s important to point out that other calls that you receive on your Pixel 2 will use the default ringtone. Creating a ringtone for a specific contact on your Pixel 2 gives you a better experience. It also gives you an idea who is calling you without checking your phone.