If you recently purchased an iPhone X, then it would be a good idea to learn how to create a new Apple ID. But to do that, you first need to change the email address you are using on your iPhone X. This is because your current email address is attached to the current Apple ID that you are trying to change.
Basically, the Apple ID you are using is also the primary email address of your Apple ID account. Therefore if you are planning to change your email address then you also need to change your current Apple ID on your iPhone X. Simply changing your Apple ID to a new email gives you full control of the new Apple ID. You’re allowed to use any type of email except those ending with @me.com, @iCloud.com or @mac.com.
Changing your Apple ID on iPhone X:
- To start with, you must sign out these following accounts; iTunes Store, iCloud, App Store, Find My Friends, FaceTime, Find My iPhone, iMessage and Find My iPhone.Do this on every device using your current Apple ID for the services mentioned
- Go to My Apple ID where you will see the option to “Manage your Apple ID and sign in” on the screen.
- Choose to Edit next to the Apple ID and Primary Email Address
- From here, type in your new email address which you would like to use as your new Apple ID
- Save Changes and you will be sent a verification email to the new address.
- Open your email and Verify Now
- When you select Verify, you’ll be taken to a new webpage which will prompt you to sign in using the new Apple ID you just created. When you complete the signing in successfully, a message will be displayed to notify you that the verification is complete
- Proceed to update the features and services which you use with Apple ID
For more information, learn how to use and manage your Apple ID.