Do you own an iPhone X smartphone? How do you other devices identify your smartphone? In many cases, we love to personalize our smartphones and this comes with the fact that we want everything to have a close resemblance to who we are. One of the easiest ways to put your identity in your iPhone X is by changing the Bluetooth so that it reads what you want it to be recognized as. You will realize that the Bluetooth name of your device will also be visible when you connect to a computer. By default this name will appear as iPhone X.
In very few steps, we will show you how to change the Bluetooth name of your iPhone X.
Changing Bluetooth Name On Apple iPhone X
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone X and then from here open the General settings option and tap on about.
- From the top of your iPhone X screen, tap on the current name of your device and then edit it to whatever you like.
- Tap “Done” as soon as you finish changing the name of your iPhone X.
How to Change the Bluetooth name of your iPhone X using iTunes
- Launch iTunes on a Mac or Windows PC
- Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone X to the computer. For those Connect your Apple gadget to the computer using a USB cable.
- NOTE: It is important to ensure that your device is synced to the computer before if you are connecting via Wi-Fi.
- Select the Device button from the top right corner of iTunes and then select the iPhone X whose name you would like to change.
- Double-click on iPhone X you would like to rename. Type the new preferred name and complete the process by pressing “Return” on the key keyboard.
Now you have successfully changed the name of your Apple iPhone X device. This will enable you tell the difference between all the other of Apple devices.
These changes will make your device to be recognized by other Bluetooth devices according to the name you’ve set.