Sometimes the only solution to a technical problem with your device is to start fresh. That’s what the factory reset function is for and it’s pretty straightforward on the OnePlus 5. This procedure will complete wipe your device of all data: cached data, apps, settings, photos, documents, files and videos. It’s important to backup your device before going through with a factory reset if you care about keeping these files. Once you’ve backed everything up, simply follow the steps below to factory reset your OnePlus 5.
Factory Reset on OnePlus 5
- Power down your OnePlus 5
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons. Continue holding until the phone begins to boot
- This will boot your device into Recovery Mode. The boot screen will display “Recovery Mode” in small text at the top. In this mode you navigate the menus by using the Volume Up and Down keys, and you select an option by pressing the Power key.
- Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”
- “Delete All User Data” or “Yes” to confirm
- Then choose “Reboot System Now” to complete the operation.
Once you’ve gone through these steps your device will be in the same software state as when it came out of the box. Any conflicts caused by apps or corrupted data will be solved and you can start from scratch with your new device.