Some users of the new OnePlus 5 have complained of experiencing issues with their device screen not turning on. Although the keys light up as they should, but the screen does not come up. There are other users that experience this at random times on their OnePlus 5.
The first thing I will suggest is that you should connect your OnePlus 5 to a power outlet to be certain the issue is not because of a dead battery. If you are sure the battery is not the issue, then you can continue with this article to understands how you can solve this issue on your OnePlus 5.
Press the Power key
You should try hitting the Power button for awhile so as to be certain that the issue is not with the powering of your OnePlus 5. If there is a problem with the Power button, your device screen won’t come up. If the issue continues after you’ve checked the Power button and it’s working well, then you should continue to read this guide for further ways to fix this issue.
Boot to Safe Mode
There is a process called the Safe Mode. When you put your OnePlus 5 is the Safe Mode, only default apps will be loaded. This will help you to know if the issue is being caused by a defective third party app. You can put your phone in safe mode by following the steps below.
- Press the Power and Volume Down key together
- As soon as the OnePlus 5 screen show up, release your finger from the Power key while still holding on to the Volume Down key.
- Your OnePlus 5 will restart and the Safe Mode text will be seen at the bottom left corner of the screen.
Wipe Cache Partition
The following tips will help you to get the OnePlus 5 into Recovery Mode by booting the smartphone:
- Touch and hold these keys at the same time :Volume Up, Home, and Power
- As soon as the OnePlus 5 vibrates, release the Power button but still hold on to the other two keys until you see the Android System Recovery screen
- Make use of the “Volume Down” button to scroll to “wipe cache partition.” Use the Power key to select it
- Reboot your device
- You can make use of this detailed guide for more explanation on how to clear cache on the OnePlus 5