No smartphone comes perfectly with every other flagship or non-flagship android device; the OnePlus 5 also has specific issues, which are related to slow WiFi connectivity problem on the Smartphone. One example of a slow WiFi speed on the OnePlus 5 is when you use apps like Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Whatsapp, Instagram, and many of the pictures and icons look gray, which either take a while to load or don’t come up at all.
Others suggest that their screen gets stuck on “Recognizing” and later shows up with “Can’t access Google at the moment when they use Google Now. However, weak WiFi signals that no longer connect the smartphone to the Internet are the primary reason why the OnePlus 5 WiFi connection is slow.
It can be frustrating when the WiFi signal is high, and the WiFi is still slow, but you don’t have to worry; we can help you fix it. Below are some suggestions on how to fix OnePlus 5 WiFi problem.
Ways to Fix OnePlus 5 Slow WiFi Problems:
- Factory Reset your phone
- Forgetting” Wifi Network and Reconnecting
- Resetting the Router/ Modem
- Change from DHCP to Static Connection on your OnePlus 5
- Change DNS to Google’s Addresses on your OnePlus 5
- Switching the Router Bandwidth Settings
- Turning the Router’s Broadcast Channel
- Adjusting the Router/ Modem Security Settings and you can also Disable Security
- Contacting your ISP & upgrading to a Higher Speed/ Bandwidth
The solutions we have highlighted above will help solve the slow WiFi problem on the OnePlus 5 in most cases. Performing a “Clear cache partition” should fix the WiFi issue if for some reason the OnePlus 5 WiFi is still slow. All data such as pictures, videos and messages are not deleted and will be safe with this method. You can carry out a “Clear Cache Partition” in the Android recovery mode. You can read this article to learn more about how to wipe OnePlus 5 cache.
How to Fix OnePlus 5 Slow Wifi Problem
- Power off your OnePlus 5
- Hold power off, the home and the volume up button altogether at the same time
- The OnePlus 5 will vibrate once after some seconds, and it will kick to recovery mode
- Browse to “wipe cache partition” option and select it
- You can restart the OnePlus 5 with “reboot system now” after a few minutes the process is complete