Not registered on network is a common message for Samsung Galaxy owners when an IMEI number has been changed or the IMEI number is null. For those that see the message saying “Not registered on network” and got worried that something was wrong with their Samsung Galaxy, we’ve have a guide that will help fix and repair a null IMEI number and make the “Not registered on Network” message go away. It may also be a good idea to use a free IMEI checker, to make sure there is nothing seriously wrong with the Galaxy.
For those interested in getting the most out of your Samsung device, then make sure to check out Samsung’s wireless charging pad, external portable battery pack, and the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband for the ultimate experience with your Samsung device.
The following are methods on how to terminate null IMEI # on all android devices, that will also repair the unknown baseband
How to Restore Galaxy Null IMEI # and Fix Not Registered on Network:
- Turn on the Samsung Galaxy smartphone
- Go to the “Dialer” and type (*#06#) to show the phone’s IMEI number. If the message “IMEi Null” shows up, then the settings need to be reconfigured to fix the no signal or not register on network problem
- Type (*#197328640#) or (*#*#197328640#*#*) on the dial key
- The Galaxy will now go into Command mode, and select on “Common”
- Now select “Option 1” (Field Test Mode), if FTM is on, turn it “OFF”
- This will alter and restore the nulled IMEI number and it’s important to press the “Menu” key button before leaving the “Command” screen for this to go into effect.
- Select Key input and enter option 2.
- This will turn the FTM “OFF”
- Remove the battery and SIM card for 2 minutes
- Without placing the SIM card back, put the battery inside the Samsung Galaxy
- Type in (*#197328640#) on the dial pad
- Select the Debug Screen
- Select phone control
- Click on nas control
- Click RRC (HSDPA)
- To fix not registered on network or Null IMEI # , click RRC revision
- Now, click on the released your phone is , here we will choose option 5 (HSDPA only)
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy and reinsert the SIM card