There are times when your OnePlus 5 will stop responding to touch and won’t work normally. The most effective way of fixing this is to carry out a hard reset to return the OnePlus 5 back to reset the device back factory default mode. You can make use of this guide on, how to factory reset OnePlus 5.
It’s’ important to point out that you should make sure you backup all your files and data before you carry out this process because this process will delete all data, apps, and settings. You can backup your data by going to Settings > Backup & reset.
Hard Reset A OnePlus 5:
- Switch off your OnePlus 5
- Touch and hold these keys at the same time: Volume Up + Home button + Power button, until the OnePlus logo appears
- Click on Recovery Mode menu and select “wipe data / factory reset” making use of the Volume keys to scroll and Power keys to confirm
- Click on “Yes — delete all user data” to confirm the process
- When you are done, click on “reboot system now”
How to Hard Reset A OnePlus 5 Method 2:
- Switch on your OnePlus 5
- Locate the Home Screen, click on Menu and then click Settings
- Click on Backup & reset and then select Reset device
- To confirm your selection, click on Erase everything