If you’ve just purchased an Apple iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus and import your contacts, there’s always the chance that you’ll end up with duplicates contacts. Another reason that your Apple iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus has duplicate contacts is that you connect several email accounts to the Apple iPhone and all contacts get saved on the iPhone, which creates duplicate contacts.
The good news is that it only takes a few steps to delete or remove duplicate contacts on your iPhone instead of removing each contact manually to fix the issue; you can also merge the two, which keeps the contact in your email address book and work email address book.
This technique will help you avoid spending money on apps that claim they can clean up your contact list. The guideline below will help you find, delete, and merge duplicate contacts on the Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
Clean Up Apple iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus Contacts Fast
You can make use of the built-in cleanup contacts tool software on Apple Mac. Here’s how to identify similar contacts to merge and clean up your contacts list.
- Make a copy of your contacts
- Open Contacts
- Select Card and look for duplicates from the Card menu
- Click on Merge when asked
- Repeat these steps two to three times until there are no duplicates
- Make another copy of your iCloud Contacts.
How to Remove Duplicate Contacts on the Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
Without the need of a computer, you can find, merge, and delete contacts right from your iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Here’s how to delete or remove duplicate contacts on the iPhone:
- Switch on the Apple iPhone
- Via the Phone app, go to the Contacts
- Browse your contacts until you find the contacts you want to link or merge
- Select the first contact you need to merge
- Click on Edit
- Then select Link Contacts
- Select the contacts to link and then Click on Link
- Select on done when completed.