Not being able to remember your password is a very regular occurrence. No one can escape its wrath, not even owners of the LG V30. A number of people will tell you that the only way to reset the password on the LG V30 is to perform a hard factory reset. This is a bad idea because it will remove all your files and data on your device. It is even a worse idea if your LG V30 does not have a backup of all its contents. Luckily, we have scrounged up a few methods on how to reset the password on the LG V30 without having to erase everything that is inside. The instructions below will show you the steps to two alternative methods on how to reset the lock screen password on the LG V30 when you get locked out.
LG V30 Password Reset with Android Device Manager
An initial fix to reset the password on the LG V30 applies to those people that have registered their LG V30 with Android Device Manager. When you already registered your LG V30 with Android Device Manager, you can reset the password by enabling the “Lock” functionality. The “Lock” functionality on Android Device Manager will enable you to gain access to the LG V30 password to reset when you can not remember the password on the LG V30.
- First, access the Android Device Manager by using a computer
- Next, locate your LG V30 on the display.
- Then, activate the “Lock & Erase” functionality.
- After that, replicate the steps provided on the page to lock your phone.
- And then, make a temporary password.
- Input the temporary password on your LG V30
- Finally, make a new password.
LG V30 Reset Password with Factory Reset
- First, make sure that your LG V30 is switched off.
- Next, press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power simultaneously until you see the Android icon.
- Then, by pressing the Volume down button choose the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to pick it.
- Now, by pressing the Volume down button highlight Yes – delete all user data and then press the Power button to pick it.
- When the LG V30 has finished the rebooting process, press the power button to turn on the device.
- After the LG V30 restarts, all the contents of the device will be wiped and will be good to go once again.
It is noteworthy to mention that before even thinking about performing a factory reset on the LG V30, make sure that you have a backup of all of the device’s contents in order to avoid any data from being deleted.