Creating Custom Ringtones on OnePlus 5The new OnePlus 5 has made it very easy to set custom ringtones for calls and notifications. You can now set ringtones for a specific contact and you can also set ringtones for messages and other alerts and alarms as well. Follow the instructions below to understand how you can set custom ringtones on OnePlus 5.
- Switch on your OnePlus 5
- Locate the Dialer app
- Search and click on the contact you want a tone for
- Click the pen icon
- Click on the “Ringtone” icon
- A new window will appear listing all the sounds on your device
- Search and click on the song you want to use as a ringtone.
- If you cannot locate the tone, click on “Add” and search for it in your device storage, then click it and you are good
The tips above will assist you to set the specific ringtone for a particular contact on your OnePlus 5. Other calls that come in on your OnePlus 5 will use the default ringtone. The advantage of setting this on your OnePlus 5 is to that it makes it possible to know who is calling you without checking your OnePlus 5.