Technology without the ability to personalize it doesn’t bring much fun, right? Though, when it comes to your Moto G4 Plus, you probably have some other reasons, aside from fun. If you want to personalize its various notifications and customize ringtones, you’ve come to the right place. Below we’ll explain how to set ringtone in Moto G4 Plus.
In this article, we’re going to show you how to set custom ringtones and notifications in more than one way. It all depends on what type of user you are and if you feel comfortable using extra apps or not. If you don’t want to get complicated by using apps, all you need is a computer to set ring tone in Moto G4 Plus.
The steps for setting custom ringtone in Moto G4 without any extra apps:
- Use a USB cable to connect your device to a computer, be it a laptop or a desktop;
- Go to the notification area from your device;
- Look for “Use USB for” and tap on this option;
- Select the option “File transfer”;
- Go to your computer and access the Moto G4 Plus folder;
- Click on device and follow “Internal storage”, then “Ringtones”;
- In the newly opened folder, copy the songs or the ringtones you want to add;
- Go back to your device and access the Settings menu;
- In the Sound & notification field enter the Phone ringtone menu;
- You should see in there all the MP3 songs and ringtones you have added from your computer.
From this moment, you can select whatever ringtone you want. Of course, you can also come back anytime, recreate the connection with your computer, and add new song ring tones if you want. This will work for those that have AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile or Sprint.
The steps for setting custom ringtone in Moto G4 with a third-party app:
Using your computer was the simplest option, but a third-party app doesn’t make it more complicated to set ringtones in Moto G4 Plus. At least not when you have some minimal tech knowledge and you also know what file explorer app to choose. There are actually so many options sitting in the Play store and waiting to be downloaded for free. So all you have to do is to surf through them a little bit, read some reviews, and pick the one you trust most.
We would recommend you to try the ES file explorer. And the following steps on how to set custom ringtone in Moto G4 Plus are for using this particular app.
After you have installed this file explorer:
- Launch the application;
- Go to the Settings tab;
- Access Sound & notification;
- Tap on Phone Ringtone;
- You will be asked to choose an action method;
- Select the ES file explorer option;
- Browse the folder and identify the ringtone you want to use;
- Tap on the desired ringtone and it’s already set.
We told you it’s going to be simple, right? After you follow the steps above, you’ll be able to know how to set ringtone in Moto G4 Plus.