The autocorrect option was created to help fix typos when typing on your phone. However, auto-correct can be an issue when it tries to correct words that are not wrong. As a OnePlus smartphone user, it will be an advantage if you know how to turn on and off the autocorrect option. You may need it for spelling lucidity, or maybe you don’t trust the corrections and for whatever reasons, we got you covered.
If you don’t want to use the auto-correct, there is a disable option on your OnePlus 5. You can either disable it for the words it might not understand or disable it permanently. The steps below are the instructions you can follow if you want to switch on and off autocorrect on OnePlus 5T
How to Turn On and Off Autocorrect
- Switch on your OnePlus 5T
- Browse to the page that displays the keyboard
- Press and hold the “Dictation Key” which is close to the space bar
- Then click the “Settings” option
- Browse to the “Smart Typing” option and click the “Predictive Text” and select disable option
- You can also disable automatic punctuation and capitalization
In the case that you need to turn on the autocorrect option on your OnePlus 5T, go to the keyboard and browse the settings to switch on the auto-correct. An important point to take note is that it could be a bit different to turn on and off autocorrect on your OnePlus 5T if you installed an alternative keyboard from the Play Store. The configurations differ, but you can still follow the process to get the idea.