If you’ve been having problems with slow internet on your Motorola Moto Z2, continue reading this article for help. We’ve included several different suggestions for improving your internet speed.
Slow internet speed causing pages to not load on your Motorola Moto Z2 may be due to several reasons. Before we present the different options on solving these internet problems, let us first explain the possible causes of these slow internet connection and why these kinds of problem exist. Below are the most common reasons behind them:
Common Causes of Slow Internet Speed on Motorola Moto Z2:
- Weak signal strength
- Weak Wi-Fi network
- Heavy website traffic (too many users trying to access the website at the moment)
- Congested network or too many users connected to the network at once
- Several background applications running
- Low device memory
- Full or corrupted browser cache
- Updated Moto Z2 firmware.
- Outdated software such as browser needing update
- May have exceeded data allocation limit resulting to slow speeds
One or more of the reasons above may be the cause of your slow internet speeds on your Motorola Moto Z2. If you have determined the reason behind the problem of your weak internet connection, and still can’t find a solution to the problem, we have provided some of the possible fixes below. Go and try the following steps:
Clear your Motorola Moto Z2 Cache
If the above tips doesn’t help in solving your internet connection problems on your Motorola Moto Z2, and your internet speed does not improve, one option to fix this problem is wiping the cache partition. This method does not delete any data from your phone, so your files, images, sounds, videos and text messages are safe from being lost. Wiping the cache partition is done during Android recovery mode. If you do not know how to do this, please refer to our guide on how to clear Moto Z2 phone cache.
Turn Off WiFi on Your Motorola Moto Z2 Device
Another very common reason for this issue is that your Motorola Moto Z2 is still has an existing connection to a weak WiFi network, so you need to make sure and check that you have disabled WiFi on your device. The following steps will help you do a device check on your Motorola Moto Z2 for existing WiFi connections:
- Switch your Motorola Moto Z2 ON.
- Proceed to Menu
- Choose Settings
- Find and choose Connections.
- Select the Wi-Fi option
- Tap the on/off toggle next to the WiFi label to turn WiFi off