For those Motorola Moto Z and Moto Z Force owners, you may want to know how to change message tone on Moto Z and Moto Z Force. The good news is that it’s fairly easy to change message tones to Moto Z and Moto Z Force for custom notifications ringtones. You can apply these ringtones to either one specific individual contact or everyone. Below we’ll explain how you can add Motorola Moto Z and Moto Z Force message ringtones.
How to change message ringtone on Moto Z and Moto Z Force
The process to add message tones for contacts is very easy. You have the option to set custom ringtones for each individual contact, and set custom sounds for text messages as well. The follow steps below to add music ringtones:
- Turn on the Moto Z or Moto Z Force.
- Go to the Dialer app.
- Browse and select the contact you want to edit a ring tone for.
- Select the pen-shaped icon to edit the contact.
- Then select the “Ringtone” button.
- A popup window will show up with all your ringtone sounds.
- Browse and select the song you want to use as a ringtone.
- If the ringtone you made isn’t listed hit “Add” and find it in your device storage, then select it.
The instructions above should change the specific ringtone for one individual contact on your Moto Z or Moto Z Force. While all other calls will use the standard default sound from settings, and any contact you customize will have their own custom tune. The best reason to add music ringtone on the Moto Z or Moto Z Force is to make things more personal, and it’ll allow you to know who’s calling without ever looking at your Motorola Moto Z or Moto Z Force.