Your iPhone 8 Plus won't vibrate and you're not sure why. A lot of the time, this problem can be solved by going into the Settings app, but there is a chance that your iPhone's vibration motor is damaged. In this article, we will explain why your iPhone 8 Plus is not vibrating and show you how to diagnose and fix this problem!
How To Fix An iPhone 8 Plus That's Not Vibrating
1. Turn On Vibration In Accessibility
How Do I Turn On Vibration In Accessibility?
- Open up the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Accessibility.
- Scroll down and tap on Vibration.
- Turn on the switch next to Vibration. You'll know the switch is on when it's green.
2. Make Sure Vibrate On Ring & Vibrate On Silent Are On
How Do I Make Sure Vibrate On Ring & Vibrate On Silent Are On?
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Sounds & Haptics.
- Turn on the switches next the Vibrate on Ring and Vibrate on Silent. You'll know they are on when the switches are green and positioned to the right.
3. Make Sure Ringtone Vibration Is Turned On
How Do I Make Sure Ringtone Vibration Is Turned On?
- Open up the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Sounds & Haptics.
- Under the Sounds And Vibration Patterns submenu, tap Ringtone.
- Tap Vibration.
- Make sure the vibration pattern is set to anything but None.
- The vibration pattern you have selected will have a small check mark next to it.
4. Test Your iPhone's Vibration Motor
Why Should I Test My iPhone's Vibration Motor?
If your iPhone doesn't vibrate when you flip the Ring / Silent switch back and forth, there may be a hardware issue with its vibration motor.
How Do I Test My iPhone's Vibration Motor?
- Flip the Ring / Silent switch on the left side of your iPhone back and forth a few times.
- If your iPhone doesn't vibrate, the vibration motor may be broken, but there could still be a software issue at play.