There have complaints about the touch screen of the new OnePlus 5. Users have reported that part of the touch screen does not respond to touch; others have complained that the whole touch screen becomes unresponsive at random times. I’ll explain some methods that you can use to solve the touch screen issue on your OnePlus 5.
It has been noticed that the touch screen of the OnePlus 5 does not respond to touch at the lower side of the screen; this makes a lot of users experiencing this issue to move their apps and icons farther up the screen so as to be able to access them.
Reasons Why OnePlus 5 Touch Screen is Not Working:
- You can be experiencing this issue on your OnePlus 5 because of bumps that the device has gone through when it was being shipped. Most times this affects the screen of the OnePlus 5.
- It can also be because of software bugs. I will suggest that you constantly check for software update to fix this issue on your OnePlus 5 although it is time consuming.
Complete Factory Reset
Locate the notification bar of your device and click on the gear icon to make the Settings appear. As soon as the page comes up, click on Backup and reset that is below the User and Backup section and click on Factory data reset.
Before you carry out this process, ensure that you have backed up all your important files and then you can click on Reset device. This will take you to the next screen where you can click on Delete all and you can now wait for some minutes for the process to be completed and your OnePlus 5 will reboot. You can also make use of this guide to learn more on how to factory reset OnePlus 5.
Clear Phone Cache
Another method that you can use to fix the touch screen issue is to delete the cache. You can do this by holding the volume key till the OnePlus logo shows up and you can follow the onscreen instruction. You can make use of this detailed guide to learn on how to clear cache on OnePlus 5.
- Switch off OnePlus 5
- Press these keys together: Volume Up, Power and Home keys until the android logo shows up and your smartphone vibrates
- Release your finger from the Power key and continue to hold the other buttons
- Make use of the volume keys to move down and choose Wipe Cache Partition
- Click on the Power button
- Move down to Yes and tap the Power key
- Move to Reboot System Now and tap the Power key
- Your device will now reboot with a cleared system cache
Complete a Hard Reset
- Power off your device
- Hold the Volume Up + Home button + Power button together until the OnePlus logo appears
- From the recovery mode menu, click on “wipe data / factory reset” using the Volume keys to scroll and use the Power key to confirm
- Click on “Yes — delete all user data” to confirm the process
- You can now click on “reboot system now”