There have complaints from owners of the new Google Pixel 2 that they are experiencing Wi-Fi connection issues which makes their device to be switching from Wifi to phone’s data at random times. This can be as a result of Google Pixel 2 being connected to a weak signal and finding it difficult to connect your smartphone to the Internet.
But there are times when the Wi-FI signal will be strong and this issue will still persist, I will explain some methods below that you can use to solve this problem. You might be experiencing this issue on your Google Pixel 2 cause by the WLAN option that has been switch in the settings of your smartphone.
The “Smart network switch” was designed by Google to provide owners of the Google Pixel 2 with a stable network connection by automatically switching from Wi-Fi to mobile network to connect to the internet. There is no need to be upset because you can adjust this option to fix the Wi-FI issue you are experiencing on your Google Pixel 2
How to Fix Pixel 2 Not Remaining Connected To WiFi Problem:
- Switch on your Google Pixel 2
- Activate the data connection of your smartphone
- Locate Menu, click on Settings and then click on Wireless.
- A page will appear and you will see “Smart network switch”
- Unmark the box to have an unstable wifi connection
- This will make sure that your Google Pixel 2 doesn’t switch between mobile data and wifi
Most of the times, the tips explained above will fix the Wi-Fi problem. If the issue still persists, carry out a “wipe cache partition” to solve the Wi-Fi issue. You do not need to be worried about your files because this process will not delete any of your files. You’ll need to enter your Google Pixel 2 into Recovery Mode to carry out this process. You can also makes use of this detailed guide on How to clear Pixel 2 phone cache
Fix the Wi-Fi Issue on Pixel 2
- Switch off your Google Pixel 2
- Press and hold the power, home and volume up buttons together
- Hold on to the keys for some seconds until your smartphone vibrates once and the recovery mode starts.
- Look for the entry named “wipe cache partition” and click on it.
- Restart your Pixel 2 for the changes to take effect