Motorola’s newest flagship smartphone, Moto Z2, are packed with great features and have good user reviews. One of its great features is good customization. So, in this article we will help you learn how to assign a ringtone for a particular contact on your Motorola Moto Z2. This way, you can easily determine who is calling even when you are doing some other tasks and not looking at your screen. Follow these steps to easily customize ringtones.
Assigning a Ringtone to Specific Contacts on Moto Z2
Motorola Moto Z2 allows you to customize ringtones and assign them to each individual person on your contacts.It is also possible to choose sounds and set them as ringtones for text messages and other notifications such as alarms. This is easy to do on the Moto Z2. Please refer to the steps below:
- Switch your Motorola Moto Z2 ON
- Proceed to the Dialer app
- Browse your contacts and select the person you want to set a custom ringtone for
- Edit the contact details by tapping on the pen-shaped logo
- Choose the Ringtone option
- A window showing all available ringtones will pop up on your screen
- Choose the audio file you want to use and select it
- If the file you want to use is not on the list, choose the Add button to browse through your device storage. Remember, you can only use audio files as ringtones.
You have now successfully changed the ringtone for that chosen contact on your phone. All incoming calls will now have the same ringtone except for the specific one that you changed the ringtone for. This makes it easy to know who is calling without answering the phone. The user may now determine if he needs to pull over. This is just one of the many customizing features of your Motorola Moto Z2.