How to Fix iPhone Passcode Not WorkingPasscode on iPhone is a very common way to ensure the safety of your confidential and vital data. but sometimes, things could happen, similar to the user above, that your iPhone 8/X/7/6s/6/5s passcode suddenly does not working. how could this happen?
Honestly, there are several possible factors leading to iPhone password not working. It can be an iOS software system glitch. as an example, according to user’s feedback, several iPhone passcode not working accidents came when new iOS upgrading; It might also be some faulty operation, like entering password wrong over 10 times by naughty children, or inadvertently in your pocket; and so on.
Finding the reason isn't what we focus on during this guide. The more necessary thing is how to fix this iPhone passcode not working issue. By far, the only way to solve this problem is erasing the old password, and setting a new one. but how exactly ? Here are 3 ways below, and choose the right one for your situation.
Method 1. Fix iPhone Passcode Not working with iTunes Restoring
If you've got synced your iPhone with iTunes, this way works for you to erase the old password saved on iPhone.
1.Connect your iPhone to the pc you have synced with.
2.Open iTunes. If asked for a passcode, try another pc you've synced with, or use recovery mode in the third part.
3.wait for iTunes to sync your device and make a backup.
4.when the sync and backup have finished, click Restore iPhone.
5.when you are at the set up screen whereas restoring your iOS device, click Restore from iTunes backup.
6.choose your device in iTunes. look at the date and size of every backup and choose the most relevant one. when iPhone is set up, you can make your new passcode in Settings.
Method 2. Fix iPhone Passcode Not working with iCloud Restoring
1.head to iCloud.com/find with a another iDevice, or pc.
2.If needed, sign in with your Apple ID.
3.Then at the highest of the browser, choose All Devices.
4.choose the device you would like to erase.
5.Then click on Erase iPhone, which will erase your whole device, including its passcode.
6.currently you can either restore from a backup or set it up as new.
Note: If your iPhone isn’t connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network, you can’t erase it with find My iPhone.
Method 3. Fix iPhone Passcode Not working with Recovery Mode
If you have never synced iPhone with iTunes, or set up find My iPhone in iCloud, then you need recovery mode to erase the old password, and create a brand new one.
1. Connect your iPhone to pc > Open iTunes.
2. once iPhone is connected, force restart it:
- On an iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly unleash the volume Up button. Then press and quickly unleash the volume Down button. Finally, press and hold the side button till you see the recovery-mode screen.
- On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold each the side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them till you see the recovery-mode screen.
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold each the home and the top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them till you see the recovery-mode screen.
- 3. once you see the choice to restore or Update, select Restore > iTunes will download software system for your iPhone. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you will need to repeat steps two and three.
4. wait for the method to complete. Then you can started your iPhone.