How To remove Duplicate Contacts iPhone 8
For people who have imported your SIM contacts on your iPhone 8 , you may have duplicate contact phone numbers on your iPhone 8. the great news is that you just can simply remove the duplicate contacts. This method only takes some minutes to permanently delete duplicate contacts on your Apple iPhone 8.
This technique will help you avoid spending more money on apps that claim they can clean up your contact list. the following is a guide on how to find, merge and delete duplicate contacts on the Apple iPhone 8 .
The likely reason that your Apple iPhone 8 has duplicate contacts due to multiple email accounts being connected to the iPhone 8. Since all contacts get saved on the phone, that may cause duplicate contacts to be created. instead of deleting every contact manually to fix the problem, you’ll need to merge the 2, which keeps the contact in your work email address book and also in your personal email address book.
How to remove Duplicate Contacts on iPhone 8
You can find, merge, and delete contacts right from your iPhone 8 without the necessity to use a pc. If your contacts are really messed up, you may want to go into Gmail and edit your contacts from there. Here’s how to remove duplicate contacts on the iPhone 8 :
- Make a copy of your contacts
- Open Contacts
- From the card menu, choose Card > look for Duplicates
- When asked, click Merge
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 till no duplicates are found
- Make another copy of your iCloud Contacts
Clean Up iPhone 8 Contacts fast
You can additionally use the built-in clean up contacts tool on the Apple iPhone 8 . Here’s how to identify similar contacts on these devices to merge and clean up your contacts.
- Turn on the Apple iPhone 8
- Go to the Contacts, via the Phone app
- Browse your contacts till you find the contacts you want to merge or link.
- Select on the first contact you need to merge.
- Then click on Edit.
- Then choose Link Contacts.
- Select the contacts to link and then click Link.
- Finally click on Done
These steps should help take care of your duplicate contact issue. we highly suggest the merging of contacts.