Misplacing your smartphone is something that's common to mobile device users. however you do not need to be worried because it's possible for you to recover a lost or stolen iPhone 8 by making use of some ways which has using a tracker app or your device iOS device manager. There are different apps on the Apple Store that you simply can use to find your iPhone 8 . similar to the Apple’s find My iPhone service, Google has its service to which is called find My iOS or iOS Device Manager. These apps make it possible for house owners of the new iPhone 8 to recover their lost or stolen devices. I’ll make a case for some ways below that you simply will use to find your misplaced or stolen iPhone 8 .
Choose a way to erase your iPhone 8
It’s crucial to point out that if you have not done a backup or sync your phone with iTunes, it's impossible to do it now before you do this method because you'll need to wipe off almost everything on your device to reset your password.
- If you have already synced your smartphone with iTunes, then you'll be able to use the iTunes technique
- If your smartphone has been connected to the iCloud or find my iPhone service, then you use this technique
- If you haven’t connected your device to any of the services mentioned above, then you'll need to use the recovery mode technique
Using the iTunes option to erase your iPhone 8
- You will need to connect your smartphone to a pc
- Start iTunes and provide your passcode if requested, you'll be able to try another pc that your device is synced with or use the recovery mode
- You will need to wait for a couple of minutes for iTunes to sync your device then begin the backup
- When the sync has been done, and the backup has been completed, click on Restore [your device]
- As soon as you see the set up screen on your smartphone, click on Restore from iTunes backup
- Click on your iPhone 8 in iTunes then choose the backup that's most current
Using the iCloud service to erase your iPhone 8
- Visit iCloud.com/find with another smartphone
- If prompted, provide your Apple ID details
- Click on All Devices located at the top of your browser
- Click on the device you want to delete
- You can now click on Erase [device], and your device are erased
- You will be provided with 2 options you'll be able to either restore from a backup or set up as new
Ensure that your iPhone device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network for you to be ready to have access to the find My iPhone service.
Using recovery mode to erase your iPhone 8
If you've got not backed up your device or synced your device with any of the services explained above, then the last effective technique that you can use is the Recovery mode. this will help you to erase your device and the password.
- Connect your smartphone to a pc and click on iTunes
- As soon as your smartphone is connected, force restarts it: you'll be able to do this by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake and home key together for a few seconds and don't release when the Apple logo shows, wait for the recovery mode screen to appear
- Two options are provided, you'll be able to either Restore or Update. Click on ‘Update.’ The iTunes service will try to reinstall your iOS without tampering with your data. wait for a couple of minutes for the method to be completed