How to Reset Password When Locked Out iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
Forgetting your iPhone unlock password is something that will happens many times. people and there are many solutions of resetting the password most of which need you to perform a hard factory reset. This method gets rid of all files and data stored on your Apple iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus. If you have got not backed up the data on your iPhone and you happen to get locked out, we have come back up with a new method of resetting the password without having to lose any of your data. we've got 3 ways through which this can be achieved, read further on to learn about these 3 solutions.
Choosing a way to Erase Your iPhone 8
If your iPhone 8 is not backed up, then it's not possible to save any data on it prior to proceeding with the password reset method. If you have got to reset your password, you'll 1st need to erase your iPhone through the following processes:
- Using the iTunes technique if you already synced your iPhone 8 or 8 plus with iTunes
- Using the iCloud technique if you signed your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus to iCloud or to find My iPhone service.
- Using the Recovery if neither of the previous ways is viable.
Erasing your iPhone using iTunes technique
- Connect your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus to a computer
- Launch iTunes then type in the passcode if prompted to do. alternatively, you can connect to a pc you previously b synced with or just use the recovery mode.
- Give the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus time to finish syncing with iTunes then create a backup.
- Once the syncing and backing up is complete, click on Restore [your device].
- The set up screen are going to be displayed afterwards on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus, proceed by pressing on Restore from iTunes backup.
- In iTunes, choose your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus then look into the date and the size of each of the backed up files then pick the recent backup.
Erasing iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus using the iCloud technique
Note that you simply cannot erase your device if it's not connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network.
Erasing iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 using Recovery Mode
As mentioned before, using the Recovery Mode to erase your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus comes in handy if you haven’t synced with iTunes or if you never set up find My iPhone in iCloud.
To about erasing your device and its passcode, follow the steps below:
- Connect the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus to the pc
- Once connected, force restart it: (click and hold the Sleep and home buttons at the same time for at least 10 seconds, and don’t release them when the Apple logo comes on. Keep holding till the recovery mode is displayed on the screen)
- Choose the Update option when you see it. iTunes will reinstall iOS without any data being erased. Let the iTunes to finish downloading the software system that will be used on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus.
There is an alternative technique on how to factory reset the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 plus. Whenever necessary always backup all your data and files before performing any factory reset method to avoid losing any crucial data.