Not registered on network may be a common message for Samsung Galaxy people once an IMEI number has been changed or the IMEI number is null. For people who see the message saying “Not registered on network” and got disturbed that something was wrong with their Samsung Galaxy, we’ve have a guide which will help fix and repair a null IMEI number and make the “Not registered on Network” message get away. it should also be a good idea to use a free IMEI checker, to make sure there's nothing seriously wrong with the Galaxy.
For those curious about getting the most out of your Samsung device, then make sure to check out Samsung’s wireless charging pad, external portable battery pack, and the Fitbit Charge hr Wireless Activity Wristband for the ultimate expertise with your Samsung device.
The following are strategies on how to terminate null IMEI # on all android devices, which will also repair the unknown baseband
How to Restore Galaxy Null IMEI # and Fix Not Registered on Network :
- Turn on the Samsung Galaxy smartphone
- Go to the “Dialer” and write (*#06#) to show the phone’s IMEI number. If the message “IMEi Null”
- Type (*#197328640#) or (*#*#197328640#*#*) on the dial key
- shows up, then the settings need to be reconfigured to repair the no signal or not register on network drawback
- The Galaxy will now go into Command mode, and choose on “Common”
- Now choose “Option 1” (Field test Mode), if FTM is on, turn it “OFF”
- This will alter and restore the nulled IMEI number and it’s necessary to press the “Menu” key button before leaving the “Command” screen for this to go into effect.
- Select Key input and enter option 2.
- This will turn the FTM “OFF”
- Remove the battery and SIM card for two minutes
- Without putting the SIM card back, put the battery in the the Samsung Galaxy
- Type in (*#197328640#) on the dial pad
- Select the debug Screen
- Select phone control
- Click on nas control
- Click RRC (HSDPA)
- To fix not registered on network or Null IMEI # , click RRC revision
- Now, click on the released your phone is , here we are going to select option 5 (HSDPA only)
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy and reinsert the SIM card