If you own a Google pixel 2, you may forget the pattern lock then need to reset the pattern lock. Resetting the password on pixel 2 usually needs completing a factory reset, deleting all of your personal data in the method.
If you don’t have Google pixel 2 backed up, there are some choices. first we’ll walk you thru the hard reset just in case your data is backed up. Then we’ll give some of different things to do. keep in mind there’s no guarantee these will work, as they need some previous setup.
Reset password Pixel 2 with factory Reset
- Power down on your device
- Boot to Recovery Mode by executing a press-while-holding on these 3 keys simultaneously: Power, Home and Volume Down
- Use volume keys to select “Wipe data / factory reset”
- Make your choice by pressing Power
- Confirm the choice and reboot
We have more info about the way to factory reset the pixel 2 here. keep in mind that this method is destructive, that means it'll erase everything on the device. Backup and use caution.
Using Google find My Pixel 2Find My Mobile, sometimes known as find My android, is an app created by Google to track lost or stolen devices. It’s just like Apple’s find My iPhone. The app includes some choices for lockup and wiping your devices remotely just in case you would like to hide data from a would-be thief. using “Remote Control” with this app you'll be able to get a temporary password reset to bypass the lockscreen. this could only work if you’ve registered your device with Google.
Using android Device ManagerAndroid Device Manager may be a standalone app that may help you in many ways when using your pixel. you'll be able to additionally use it to Lock your device, providing a temporary password you'll be able to enter to gain access and set a new permanent password.
- From a pc, move to android Device Manager
- Select your device
- Go to “Lock and Erase”
- Follow the steps provided there
- Select a new password for temporary use
- Access your phone using this password
- Reset your permanent phone password