Google’s pixel 2 is known for occasional issues with the touchscreen. it would be unresponsive, not work on all, or be experiencing different related issues. Keep reading to find out some ways to repair the touchscreen problems on your pixel 2.
Most normally, the bottom portion of the touchscreen becomes unresponsive. In these instances, users are familiar to search out workarounds like moving apps and controls further up the home screen to unaffected areas.
Most Common Causes of malfunctioning Touchscreens
- Damage throughout shipping – sometimes carriers are less than cautious with fragile new devices, and bumps and shocks take a true toll on these machines before they’re even out of the box. These jolts will cause the touchscreen to malfunction
- Software issues – Google is constantly releasing updated versions of its software system, utilities and applications. If you're expertise a software-related malfunction, it’s almost sure that the developers are actively working to repair it. this could occasionally take a while but any major software system flaws are sometimes addressed right away.
Solutions for Malfunction Touchscreen
Clear Phone Cache on Google Pixel 2Clearing your pixel 2 cache will generally solve touchscreen problems without the necessity for a factory reset. Hold down the volume button till you see Google’s logo. The pixel 2 will prompt you if you’d prefer to clear the cache partition. comply with this prompt. more detailed directions below:
You can also read this more detailed guide on the way to clear cache on Google pixel 2.
- Power down your pixel 2
- To boot into Recovery Mode, hold the power button together with the volume up and home buttons at the same time till the phone vibrates
- The android logo will appear on the Recovery Mode boot screen
- Release the buttons and wait for the device to boot
- Within recovery mode, you navigate with the volume buttons and make selections with the power button
- The touchscreen won't function in Recovery Mode
- Select ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ and confirm
- Once the partition wipe is complete, choose reboot
Complete a hard Reset on Google Pixel 2Before undertaking a hard reset on your pixel 2, make sure to backup ALL of your data. This method will wipe everything off of the phone. you'll be able to accomplish this by going to Settings > Backup & Reset. more details are offered here: how to hard reset Google pixel 2.
- Follow the steps above to boot into Recovery Mode
- Instead of choosing ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ instead choose ‘Wipe data / factory Reset’
- Confirm by choosing ‘Yes – delete all user data’
- Wait for this method to complete then choose reboot